Adjustments to the park brake shoe are not necessary after replacing the park brake lever or park brake cables. The park brake is adjusted automatically by cycling the park brake lever three times.
Do not operate the park brake lever with the rear disc brake rotors removed.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Apply and fully release the parking brake three times.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Verify that the park brake pedal releases completely.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assemblies.
- Remove the rear brake rotors.
- Set special tool J 21177-A inside of the park brake drum portion of the brake rotor at the widest point.
- Tighten the set screw on the tool to ensure the proper measurement when removing the tool from the drum.
- Position the J 21177-A over the park brake shoe at the widest point.
- Turn the adjuster on the actuator until the park brake shoe just contacts the J 21177-A .
- Repeat for the opposite side.
- Install the rear brake rotors.
- Install the rear tire and wheel assemblies.
- Set and release the park brake lever three times.
- If the rear wheels rotate during the following test, readjust the park brake shoe.