Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear tire and wheels assemblies.
Use an adjustable lifting device in order to support the rear axle housing.
Tie rod-to-rear axle bolt and nut
With the aid of a helper, remove the rear axle housing.
- With the aid of a helper, install the rear axle housing.
Install or connect the following:
Lower control arm-to-rear axle bolts, washers and nuts and tighten the bolts to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm)
Remove the adjustable lifting device from the rear axle housing.
Rear stabilizer shaft
- Install the rear tire and wheels assemblies.
- Inspect the rear axle lubricant level.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect negative battery cable.
- Road test the vehicle in order to ensure proper rear axle operation.