Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the manual transaxle assembly.
- Remove the clutch release fork with the clutch release bearing from the transaxle assembly.
- Remove the release bearing hub clip and clutch release bearing assembly from the clutch release fork.
- Remove the release fork support from the manual transaxle assembly.
- Remove the clutch release fork boot.
- Remove the clutch cover assembly, as follows:
Remove clutch disc assembly.
NOTEKeep the lining part of the clutch disc assembly, the pressure plate and surface of the flywheel sub-assembly away from oil and foreign matter.
Insert SST (SST: 09301-00220) into the clutch disc assembly, then insert them into the flywheel sub-assembly.
NOTETake care not to insert the clutch disc assembly in the wrong direction.
- Align the matchmarks on the clutch cover assembly with the one on the flywheel sub-assembly.
Following the procedures shown in the illustration, tighten the 6 bolts in order, starting with the bolt located near the knock pin on the top. Tighten to 14 ft. lbs (19 Nm).
NOTEFollowing the order in the illustration, evenly tighten the bolts one turn at a time.
NOTELightly move SST (09301-00210) up and down, and right and left after checking that the disc is in the center to tighten the bolts.
- Install the release fork support to the manual transaxle assembly and tighten 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install the release bearing hub clip to the release bearing assembly.
- Apply release hub grease (Toyota Genuine Release Hub Grease or equivalent) to the contact surfaces between the release fork and the release bearing, the fork and push rod, and the fork and the fork support.
- Install the release fork to the release bearing assembly.
Apply clutch spline grease (Toyota Genuine Clutch Spline Grease or equivalent) to the input shaft spline as shown in the illustration.
Install the release fork with the release bearing assembly to the manual transaxle assembly.
NOTEAfter installation, move the fork back and forth to check that the release bearing slides smoothly.
- Install the clutch release fork boot.
- Install the manual transaxle assembly.