Removal & Installation
Toyota Camry 2007-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the crankshaft position sensor plate.
- Remove the bolt and chain tensioner slipper.
Remove the two bolts and chain vibration damper.
- Remove the bolt and timing chain guide.
Remove the upper chain assembly.
- Remove the crankshaft timing sprocket.
To remove the lower chain assembly. Turn the crankshaft by 90° counterclockwise to align the adjusting hole of the oil pump drive shaft sprocket with the groove of the oil pump.
- Insert a 4 mm diameter bar into the adjusting hole of the oil pump drive shaft sprocket to lock the gear in position, and then remove the nut.
- Remove the bolt, chain tensioner plate and spring.
Remove the chain tensioner, oil pump driven sprocket and chain.
- Set the crankshaft key into the left horizontal position.
Turn the drive shaft so that the cutout faces upward.
- Align the yellow mark links with the timing marks of each gear.
- Install the sprockets onto the crankshaft and oil pump shaft with the chain wrapped on the gears
- Temporarily tighten the oil pump drive shaft sprocket with the nut.
Insert the damper spring into the adjusting hole, and then install the chain tensioner plate with the bolt and tighten to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Align the adjusting hole of the oil pump drive shaft sprocket with the groove of the oil pump.
Insert a 4 mm diameter bar into the adjusting hole of the oil pump drive shaft gear to lock the gear in position, and then tighten the nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Rotate the crankshaft clockwise by 90°, and align the crankshaft key to the top.
- Install the crankshaft timing sprocket.
- Install the chain vibration damper with the 2 bolts and tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
Set the No. 1 cylinder to TDC/compression.
- Turn the camshafts with a wrench (using the hexagonal lobe) to align the timing marks of the camshaft timing gear with each timing mark located on the No. 1 and No. 2 bearing caps.
Using the crankshaft pulley bolt, turn the crankshaft to position with the key on the crankshaft upward.
- Install the chain onto the crankshaft timing sprocket with the gold or pink mark link aligned with the timing mark on the crankshaft.
Using Special Tool: 09309-37010 and a hammer, tap in the crankshaft timing sprocket.
- Align the gold or yellow link with each timing mark located on the camshaft timing gear and sprocket, then install the chain.
- Install the chain tensioner slipper with the bolt and tighten to: 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Install the timing chain guide with the bolt and tighten to: 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft sensor plate with the "F" mark facing forward.