Diagnosis & Testing
Toyota Camry 2007-2008
Inspect for aftermarket devices which could affect the operation of the system. Inspect the easily accessible or visible system components for obvious damage or conditions which could cause the symptom. Faulty electrical connections or wiring may be the cause of intermittent conditions.
When the sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly (sliding roof control ECU) detects malfunctions in the motor, and the sliding roof operation is stopped, DTC B2341 is output. When the sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly (sliding roof control ECU) detects malfunctions in the gear, and the sliding roof operation is stopped, DTC B2344 is output.
Inspect the following trouble areas if DTC-s B2341 and B2344 are pulled.:
Sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly (sliding roof control ECU)
- Repair or replace as necessary.
- To diagnose and test the switch, perform the following:
- Inspect roof console box assembly and remove if necessary.
Measure the resistance (standard) according to the value(s) below:
Tester connection: Q6-1 (CLS)-Q6-3 (GND). Switch position: Closed. Specified condition: Below 100 Ohms.
Toyota Camry 2007-2008
Motor & Switch
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the sliding roof housing. Refer to component location illustrations.
- Disengage the claw and remove the sliding roof room light bracket.
Remove the two bolts and sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly.
- Install the sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly with the 2 bolts and tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- To complete installation, reverse removal procedure.
Initialize the sliding roof motor, as follows:
NOTEThe sliding roof AUTO operation and the jam protection function may not operate normally if the battery is disconnected/reconnected, replaced or recharged.
- Turn the ignition switch on.
- Initialize the sliding roof by pressing and holding the TILT UP switch until the roof glass tilts upward fully (the roof glass automatically tilts downward slightly after fully tilting upward).
Release the switch.
NOTEIf the battery terminal is disconnected, the sliding roof control ECU may not detect the position of the roof glass. If the sliding roof AUTO operation is still disabled even after the sliding roof drive gear has been initialized, the hall IC may be malfunctioning. The hall IC is built into the sliding roof drive gear and detects the roof glass position.
- If the result is not as specified, replace the drive gear assembly (sliding roof control ECU).