Toyota Camry 2007-2008
Perform the following procedures to prevent fuel from spilling out before removing any fuel system parts.
Pressure will still remain in the fuel line even after performing the following procedures. When disconnecting the fuel line, cover it with a shop rag or a piece of cloth to prevent fuel from spraying or coming out.
Disconnect the fuel pump connector:
- Remove the rear seat cushion assembly.
- Remove the rear floor service hole cover.
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Start the engine.
After the engine stops, turn the ignition switch off.
NOTEDTC P0171/25 (fuel problem) may be detected.
- Crank the engine again. Check that the engine does not start.
- Remove the fuel tank cap to discharge pressure from the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Reconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Install the rear floor service hole cover.
- Install the rear seat.
- Check that there are no fuel leaks from the fuel system after doing any maintenance or repairs.