- Warm up the engine.
Using SST: 09843-18040, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
WARNINGConfirm the terminal numbers before connecting them. Connecting the wrong terminals can damage the engine.
NOTETurn off all electrical systems before connecting the terminals.
NOTEPerform this inspection after the cooling fan motor is turned off.
- Remove the v-bank cover.
- Pull out the red lead wire harness.
Connect the tester terminal of the timing light to the red lead wire.
NOTEUse a timing light which can detect the first signal.
Check the ignition timing at idle. Standard ignition timing: 8 to 12° BTDC at idle.
NOTEWhen checking the ignition timing, the transmission should be in the neutral position.
NOTERun the engine at 1000 to 1300 rpm for 5 seconds, and then check that the engine rpm returns to idle speed.
- Disconnect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
- Check the ignition timing at idle. Standard ignition timing: 7 to 24° BTDC at idle.
- Confirm that the ignition timing advances immediately when the engine rpm is increased.
- Remove the timing light from the engine.