Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative terminal.
- Place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Remove the lower No. 2 and No. 3 steering wheel covers.
- Remove the horn button assembly.
- Remove the steering wheel assembly.
- Remove the lower steering column cover.
- Remove the steering column cover.
Remove the windshield wiper switch assembly, as follows:
- Disconnect the connector.
Disengage the claw, and remove the windshield wiper switch assembly.
WARNINGIf the claw is pushed with excessive force, it may be broken.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- After installing the steering wheel assembly, inspect the steering wheel center point.
- After connecting battery negative terminal, inspect the horn button assembly, perform initialization, and inspect SRS warning light.