Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Remove the lower No. 3 steering wheel cover.
- Remove the lower No. 2 steering wheel cover.
- Remove the horn button assembly.
- Remove the steering wheel assembly.
- Remove the 2 screws. Disengage the 2 claws to remove the lower steering column cover.
- Disengage the claw to remove the upper steering column cover.
- Disconnect the connectors from the turn signal switch assembly with spiral cable sub-assembly.
Using pliers, grip the claws of the clip and remove the turn signal switch assembly with spiral cable sub-assembly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- After installing the steering column covers, adjust the spiral cable.
- After installing the steering wheel assembly, inspect the steering wheel center point.
- After connecting the negative battery cable, inspect the horn button assembly.
- Inspect the SRS warning light.
- Perform initialization.