Toyota Camry 2007-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- After recharging refrigerant gas, check for leakage of refrigerant gas using a halogen leak detector.
Carry out the test under the following conditions:
Turn the engine OFF .
- Using a gas leak detector, check for leakage of the refrigerant line.
Bring the gas leak detector close to the drain hose with the detector's power off.
NOTEAfter the blower motor has stopped, let the cooling unit stand for more than 15 minutes.
NOTEBring the gas leak detector sensor under the drain hose.
NOTEWhen bringing the gas leak detector close to the drain hose, make sure that the gas leak detector does not react to volatile gases. If such reaction is unavoidable, the vehicle must be lifted up.
- If a gas leak is not detected on the drain hose, remove the blower motor control from the cooling unit. Insert the gas leak detector sensor into the unit and perform the test.
- Disconnect the pressure switch connector and leave it for approximately 20 minutes. Bring the gas leak detector close to the pressure switch and perform the test.