Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear wheel.
Drain brake fluid.
WARNINGDo not let brake fluid sit on painted surfaces, as it will eat through the paint. Wash it off immediately.
- Remove the union bolt and the gasket from the rear disc brake cylinder assembly, then disconnect the rear brake flexible hose.
- Hold the 2 rear disc brake cylinder slide pins and remove the 2 bolts and rear disc brake cylinder assembly.
- Install the rear disc brake cylinder assembly with the 2 bolts and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (77 Nm).
- Connect the rear brake flexible hose with the union bolt and a new gasket and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Fill reservoir with brake fluid.
- Bleed brake line.
- Inspect for brake fluid leak.
- Inspect brake fluid level in reservoir.
- Install the rear wheel and tighten the lug nuts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).