Removal & Installation
Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side.
The procedures listed below are for the LH side.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the rear wheel.
Separate the rear disc brake caliper assembly, as follows:
- Remove the bolt and separate the flexible hose from the shock absorber.
- Remove the 2 bolts and separate the rear disc brake caliper assembly.
- Remove the rear disc.
- Disconnect the skid control sensor connector.
Remove the 4 bolts and the rear axle hub and bearing assembly.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly with the 4 bolts and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Connect the skid control sensor connector. Do not twist the sensor wire.
- Inspect rear axle hub bearing looseness.
- Inspect rear axle hub runout.
- Install the rear disc.
Install the rear disc brake caliper assembly, as follows:
- Install the rear disc brake caliper with the 2 bolts and tighten to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm).
- Install the flexible hose with the bolt and tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Install the rear wheel.
- Inspect and adjust the rear wheel alignment.
- Check ABS speed sensor signal.