- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal.
CAUTIONWait for 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable to prevent the airbag from deploying.
- Place front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Remove steering pad assembly.
- Remove steering wheel assembly, as follows:
- Center spiral cable.
- Align the matchmarks on the steering wheel assembly and the steering main shaft assembly.
- Install the steering wheel assembly with the set nut and tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Connect the connector.
- Install the steering pad assembly.
- Inspect the steering wheel steering point. If the steering wheel is not properly centered, remove and refit to center.
- Connect cable to negative battery terminal.
- Inspect the SRS warning light.