Removal & Installation
Keep the removed service plug grip in your pocket to prevent other technicians from accidentally reconnecting it while you are servicing the vehicle.
All the high voltage wiring connectors are orange colored.
Be sure to turn the power switch off before removing the service plug grip.
- Check for DTCs Confirm that P0AA6 (High voltage insulation is unusual) is not output before doing removal or installation work inside the battery. If the DTC is output, perform troubleshooting procedures first.
Release the 2 claws and remove the luggage trim service hole cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Slide the latch upward and open the service hole cover.
Wear insulated gloves. Remove the service plug grip after sliding the lever of the service plug grip.
- Install the service plug grip.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the luggage trim hole cover.
Perform the initialization procedure.
NOTESome vehicle systems require initialization after reconnecting the cable to the negative battery terminal.