- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the left rear pickup box wheelhouse liner.
- Loosen the fuel fill hose clamp (2) at the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel tank evaporative emission (EVAP) line (1) quick connect fitting from the fill tube vent line.
- Separate the fuel fill hose from the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the chassis wiring harness electrical connectors from the pressure sensor and the module.
- Disengage the harness from the retainer on the fuel tank.
- Raise the vehicle completely.
- Disconnect and remove the middle EVAP vapor line (1) from the fuel tank (3) and the EVAP canister (5).
Disconnect the fuel feed line quick connect fitting from the fuel tank line.
NOTEDo not bend the fuel tank straps. Bending the fuel tank straps may damage the straps.
- Remove the upper fuel tank strap bolt.
- Remove the upper fuel tank strap.
- Remove the lower fuel tank strap bolt.
- Remove the lower fuel tank strap.
- With the aid of an assistant, carefully lower the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Place the fuel tank in a suitable work area.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- Tighten the upper fuel tank strap bolt to: 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Tighten the fuel fill hose clamp at the fuel tank to: 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
- Refill the fuel tank.
- Install the fuel fill cap. Inspect for leaks. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 10 seconds. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Inspect for fuel leaks.