- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position a fluid catch pan under the power steering gear.
- Place the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Turn the ignition key to the LOCK position and remove the key.
- Insert Steering Column Locking Pin J-42640 into the access hole in the lower steering column trim cover.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Steering gear to the vehicle. Loosely install the mounting nuts, washers and bolts.
- Remove the steering column lock pin
- Bleed the power steering system