Removal & Installation
- Insert a flat bladed tool between the clutch master cylinder push rod and the clutch pedal.
- Pry the clutch master cylinder push rod away from the clutch pedal assembly. Discard the retainer.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Using clutch line separator J-42371, push back the white plastic sleeve on the quick connect in order to separate the hydraulic clutch hose from the clutch actuator quick connect. It is not necessary to plug the lower hose end or slave cylinder fitting as they are equipped with check valves, only minimal fluid loss may be experienced.
- Disconnect the clutch hydraulic hose retainer from the inner fender.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Rotate the clutch master cylinder clockwise 1/8 turn.
- Remove the clutch master cylinder with hydraulic hose from the cowl.
- Route the clutch hydraulic hose with master cylinder under the brake booster.
- With the clutch fluid reservoir cap at the 1:30 position. Insert the clutch master cylinder into the cowl.
- Rotate the clutch master cylinder counter clockwise 1/8 turn until fully seated. The clutch fluid reservoir cap will be vertical at the 12:00 position when the clutch master cylinder is properly installed.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Push the clutch hydraulic hose quick connect fitting into the clutch slave cylinder, until a "click" is heard.
- Tug gently on the clutch hydraulic hose to ensure proper retention into the clutch slave cylinder.
- Connect the clutch hydraulic hose retainer to the inner fender.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Insert a new retainer into the clutch master cylinder push rod.
- Push the clutch master cylinder push rod onto the clutch pedal pin to secure.
Adjust the clutch release switch as follows:
- Rotate the clutch release switch counterclockwise, allowing the retainer to release.
- Pull the clutch pedal to full stop.
- While holding the clutch pedal at full stop, push the switch inward fully until the switch body contacts the clutch pedal arm. At this point the plunger in the switch should be pushed in.
- Rotate the switch clockwise until a "click" is heard.
Adjust the clutch pedal position switch as follows:
- Push the switch fully into the bracket, allowing the switch to ratchet in the retaining plate.
- Depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system, only if necessary.