Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- If brake fluid level is midway between MAX and MIN level in the reservoir, no fluid needs to be removed. If brake fluid level is higher than midway, remove the brake fluid to the midway point.
- On 4WD models, remove the steering knuckle from the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel hub/speed sensor assembly.
- Using two pieces of wood, support the wheel hub/brake rotor assembly.
- Remove the wheel hub/speed sensor to brake rotor bolts.
- Separate the brake rotor from the wheel bearing/hub assembly.
- Clean the surface between the wheel bearing/hub assembly and the brake rotor.
- Position the wheel bearing/hub on the brake rotor.
- Install the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts and tighten the mounting bolts in a criss-cross pattern to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- On 4WD models, install the steering knuckle from the vehicle.
- Install the wheel bearing/hub, brake rotor assembly in the steering knuckle.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the brake fluid level.