Removal & Installation
Instead of the coil spring used on the front suspension of 2WD vehicles, the 4WD vehicles are equipped with a torsion bar.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle allowing the front suspension to hang in the rebound position.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Mark the rear torsion bar adjuster bolt location and count the number of turns required to remove the bolt.
- Remove the adjuster bolt spacer and adjuster nut.
Remove the torsion bar and adjustment arms as a unit, moving it rearward to disengage it from the lower control arm.
NOTENote the direction of the forward end and side of the torsion bar being removed
- Install the adjustment arms and torsion bars in the same position as where they were removed.
- Install the adjustment arms to the torsion bar and slide the bar forward until it engages the lower control arm fully.
- Install the adjuster bolt, spacer and adjuster nut and tighten it the same number of turns as counted on removal.
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle.