Power Door Locks
Diagnosis & Testing
The use of the Diagnostic System Check will identify the correct procedure for diagnosing the system and where the procedure is located. Inspect for aftermarket devices which could affect the operation of the system. Inspect the easily accessible or visible system components for obvious damage or conditions which could cause the symptom. Faulty electrical connections or wiring may be the cause of intermittent conditions.Removal & Installation
Door Lock Switch
- Remove the 2 screws securing the switch plate assembly to the door trim panel.
- Lift the front of the switch plate up to disengage clip.
- Remove the switch plate out of the door trim panel opening.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors (3, 4) from the switches (2, 5).
- Remove the switch plate assembly (1) from the vehicle.
- If replacing only the switches, remove the switches from the plate.
- If replacing only the switch plate, retain the switches for transfer.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.