Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Using the Rear Axle Seal and Bearing Remover J 44685 and the Slide Hammer J 2619-01, remove the axle shaft bearing and seal.
- Using the Bearing Installer J 23690 and the Universal Driver Handle ¾ in 10 J 8092 , install the axle bearing.
- Using the Axle Pinion Oil Seal Installer J 21128, install the axle shaft seal.
- Install the axle shaft.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Fill the rear axle with axle lubricant. Use the proper fluid.
- Lower the vehicle.