Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Support the rear axle assembly at ride height.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Shock absorber-to-frame retainers at the top of the shock
- Install the shock in the vehicle and loosely install the upper mounting fasteners to retain it.
- Align the lower-end of the shock absorber with the axle mounting, then loosely install the retainers.
- Tighten the upper shock retainers to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm). Tighten the lower shock retainers to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).