- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the transfer case fluid.
- Support the transfer case.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front and rear driveshafts from the transfer case. Matchmark the shafts prior to removal.
- Remove all traces of old gasket material from the mating surfaces.
Install or connect the following:
New gasket using sealer to hold it in position
- Refill the transfer case.
- Connect the negative battery cable.