Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the right side wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the right inner splash shield.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Break the crankshaft damper bolt loose, but do not remove it.
Remove the crankshaft damper. If necessary, attach a suitable 3-jawed puller to the crankshaft damper, then tighten the center bolt and remove the damper bolt and damper.
- Install the crankshaft damper. It may be necessary to install the crankshaft damper using an M12-1.75 x 150mm bolt, washer, thrust bearing and nut from the crankshaft damper installation tool kit 6792 or equivalent.
Install the crankshaft damper bolt and tighten to the following specifications:
- Install the accessory drive belts.
- Install the right inner splash shield. Install the right side wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then connect the negative battery cable.