Removal & Installation
The fuel pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump module. Remove the module from the fuel tank for access to the regulator.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONObserve all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as described earlier in this section.
- Remove the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Spread the tabs on the pressure regulator retainer.
Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry the regulator out of the housing.
NOTEMake sure both the upper and lower O-rings were removed with the regulator.
- Lightly lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil, then place them into the fuel pump module opening.
- Push the regulator into the opening in the pump module.
- Fold the tabs on the regulator retainer over the tabs on the housing.
- Install the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.