- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from the battery.
- In order to disarm the air bag system, allow the system capacitor to discharge for at least 2 minutes, before performing any removal procedures.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from behind the combination switch.
- Remove the mounting screws securing the combination switch to the steering column adapter collar.
Remove the combination switch from the vehicle.
- Install the combination switch to the steering column adapter collar. Tighten the combination switch mounting screws.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the combination switch.
- Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds and tighten the retaining screws.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and check all functions of the combination switch for proper operation.