Wipe the filler cap clean, then check the fluid level. The dipstick should indicate FULL COLD when the fluid is at normal room temperature of approximately 70-80°F.
- Fill the power steering pump fluid reservoir to the proper level. Allow the fluid to settle for at least 2 minutes.
- Start the engine and let run for a few seconds. Turn the engine OFF.
- Add fluid if necessary. Repeat this procedure until the fluid level remains constant after running the engine.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle so the front wheels of the vehicle are off the ground.
- Start the engine. Slowly turn the steering wheel right and left, lightly contacting the wheel stops. Then turn the engine OFF.
- Add power steering fluid if necessary.
- Lower the vehicle and turn the steering wheel slowly from lock to lock.
- Turn OFF the engine. Check the fluid level and refill as required.
- If the fluid is extremely foamy, allow the vehicle to stand a few minutes and repeat the above procedure.