Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONDo not remove the radiator cap or drain with the cooling system hot and under pressure or serious personal injury can occur from hot pressurized coolant.
- Place a drain pan under the radiator drain. Open the radiator drain plug and allow the coolant to drain.
Remove the air intake resonator from the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the Coolant Recovery System (CRS) overflow tank filler neck hose.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical connector located on the left side of the cooling fan module.
- Remove the CRS overflow tank mounting screw from the upper radiator crossmember.
- Remove the upper radiator-to-crossmember mounting screws.
- If equipped, disconnect the engine block heater wiring connector.
Remove the upper radiator crossmember.
- Remove the entire air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect and plug the automatic transaxle oil cooler lines from the radiator.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses from the radiator. Remove the lower radiator hose clip from the cooling fan module.
- Remove the A/C condenser mounting fasteners and separate the A/C condenser from the radiator. Be sure the condenser is supported in position.
- Remove the A/C filter/drier mounting bracket, 2 mounting bolts to the cooling fan module and 2 mounting nuts to the filter/drier. Remove the mounting bracket.
- Carefully lift the radiator out of the engine compartment. Be careful not to damage the radiator cooling fins or water tubes during removal.
- Be sure the air seals are properly positioned before installation of the radiator. Lower the radiator into position and seat the radiator with the rubber isolators into the mounting holes provided.
Install the A/C filter/drier and mounting bracket onto the cooling fan module. Install the bracket mounting fasteners.
- Install the A/C condenser to the radiator.
- Unplug and connect the transaxle oil cooler lines to the radiator.
- Connect the upper and lower radiator hoses to the radiator.
- Connect the CRS overflow tank filler neck hose to the radiator.
- Reconnect the cooling fan motor electrical connector.
- Install the entire air cleaner assembly.
- Install the upper radiator crossmember.
- Install the upper radiator mounting screws and torque to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Reconnect the engine block heater electrical connector, if equipped.
Install the CRS overflow tank mounting screw to the upper radiator crossmember. Torque the screw to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the air intake resonator.
- Refill the cooling system with a 50 / 50 mixture of clean, fresh ethylene glycol antifreeze and water to the proper level.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and run until it reaches normal operating temperature, then check the coolant level and the automatic transmission fluid level. Add fluids, if necessary.