- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Remove right and left inner half shaft joint mounting bolts
- Support inner side of half shaft with mechanics wire or equivalent. Do not allow half shafts to hang freely.
Remove mounting bolts from the rear side of propeller shaft
WARNINGCAUTION: Do not allow propeller shaft to hang freely
- Support propeller shaft with mechanics wire and/or jack stand
- Disconnect main vacuum line for rear drive line module assembly. Also disconnect electrical connections at the front of the module.
Support rear drive line module assembly with transmission jack or equivalent
CAUTIONBE SURE TO CHAIN REAR DRIVE LINE MODULE ASSEMBLY SECURELY TO THE JACK TO PREVENT IT FROM FALLING.
- Remove rear drive line module assembly rear mounting bolts
- Remove rear drive line module assembly front mounting bolts
- Partially lower rear drive line module assembly and disconnect remote solenoid vent and remote carrier vent.
- Remove the rear driveline module from the vehicle.
- Position the driveline module in the vehicle. Install the front mounting bolts and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Reconnect the vacuum line and electrical lead. Install the viscous coupling and nut. Tighten the nut to 120 ft. lbs. (162 Nm).
- Connect the propeller shaft to the driveline module, tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the rear halfshafts to the rear driveline module. Tighten the bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. Check the operation of the drive train.