Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Recover the A/C refrigerant.
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Remove master cylinder to clutch pedal pin retainer clip. Disengage pushrod from clutch pedal pin.
- Disengage master cylinder grommet from cowl panel.
- Remove battery and tray.
- Remove suction/discharge line from evaporator junction block. Plug the lines.
- Using tool 6638A, disconnect clutch hydraulic quick connect fitting.
- Remove clutch master cylinder tubing from retainers in engine compartment.
- Remove clutch master cylinder from dash panel/clutch pedal bracket by rotating 45 degrees clockwise and pulling outward towards engine.
Carefully guide clutch master cylinder and hydraulic plumbing from engine compartment.
- Carefully route master cylinder plumbing into engine compartment as removed and position master cylinder to dash panel hole.
- Rotate master cylinder 45 degrees clockwise, insert into dash panel hole, engaging clutch pedal bracket. Rotate master cylinder 45 degrees counter-clockwise, securing it to pedal bracket.
- Install and secure grommet to dash panel.
- Connect pushrod to clutch pedal pin. Install retainer clip.
- Secure master cylinder plumbing to retainers in engine compartment.
- Connect clutch master cylinder plumbing to slave cylinder quick connect fitting. An audible click should be heard. Verify connection by pulling outward.
- Connect A/C suction/discharge line to evaporator junction block.
- Install battery and tray.
- Connect battery negative cable
- Charge Air Conditioning system.