Removal & Installation
- Raise vehicle on jackstands or centered on a frame contact type hoist.
- Remove the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the two mounting bolts securing the disc brake caliper adapter with brake caliper.
- Remove the disc brake caliper and adapter as an assembly. Hang the assembly out of the way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend the brake hose when doing this.
- Remove any retainer clips from the wheel mounting studs.
- Remove brake rotor from hub by pulling it straight off wheel mounting studs.
- Install the brake rotor back on the hub and bearing.
- Install brake caliper and adapter back over brake rotor aligning adapter with mounting holes on steering knuckle.
- Install the two adapter mounting bolts securing the adapter.
- Install wheel and tire assembly on vehicle. Tighten the wheel mounting lug nuts in proper sequence until all nuts are torqued to half specification, then repeat the tightening sequence to the full specified torque of 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower vehicle to the ground.