Removal & Installation
- Mark the position of the wiper arms on the windshield.
- Lift the caps from the wiper arm nuts. Loosen, but not fully remove the nuts. Gently rock the wiper arm back and forth and pull it from the shaft. Once loose, remove the nut and the arm.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air intake cowl grill. Be careful not to scratch the corner of the hood.
- Remove the four brace nuts holding the wiper tub to the lower windshield fence.
- Remove the four bolts underneath the wiper tub inner brace holding the tub to the bulkhead.
Remove all four inner support brace mounting nuts and pull the inner braces just free of the mounting studs.
NOTEThe wiper tub will drop down slightly.
- Disconnect the driver and passenger side wiper link ends at the inner pivots.
- Remove the two left wiper motor assembly mounting nuts.
- Remove the two right wiper motor assembly mounting nuts.
- Partially lift out the wiper motor assembly out of the wiper tub.
- Disconnect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the wiper motor assembly the rest of the way from the wiper tub and remove from vehicle.
- Install front wiper motor assembly onto wiper tub.
- Connect the electrical connector to the front wiper motor assembly.
- Install the four mounting nuts. Tighten nuts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Push the four inner support braces onto the studs and install the four nuts. Tighten the nuts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the four bolts underneath the wiper tub inner braces that hold the wiper tub to the bulkhead. Tighten the bolts to 150 inch lbs. (17 Nm).
- Install the four nuts holding the wiper tub to the lower windshield fence line. Tighten nuts to 65 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Apply grease to drive link bushings.
Attach the driver and passenger side outer wiper linkage to the inner pivots on the front motor assembly and firmly snap into place.
WARNINGDo not apply too much force to engage link bushing or damage can occur to the drive link bushing.
- Position the cowl grille in place.
Install the washer hose and grommet into the wiper tub.
NOTEBe sure to properly seat the washer hose grommet into the bottom of the wiper tub.
- Connect the washer hose at the in-line connector located by the air cleaner housing.
- Install the cowl grille.
- Connect the battery negative cable.
- Verify that the wiper motor is in the Park position by cycling the wipers system. When done, remove keys from ignition.
- Install the wiper arms.
- Align the wiper arms and tighten nuts to 25 ft. lbs. (35 Nm). Install the wiper arm nut caps.