Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Recover the A/C refrigerant.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTESupport the engine whenever the transmission is removed. The motor mounts are silicone filled and do not provide sufficient rigidity to support the engine with the transmission removed.
Body ground cable
- Remove the transmission from the vehicle.
- Attach a hoist to the engine lifting eyes. Raise the engine slightly and remove the engine support fixture.
- Remove the engine mount nuts and lift the engine out of the vehicle. Raise the engine slowly after being certain all wiring, cables and hoses have been removed.
- Install the engine.
- Install the engine mount. Torque the upper motor mount nuts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm). Torque the lower nuts to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install an engine support fixture and remove the chain hoist.
Install or connect the following:
Transmission. Torque the mounting bolts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the power steering system.
Refill the engine oil.
NOTEAn oil filter change is recommended.
Fill and bleed the coolant system.
NOTEWhen refilling the coolant system add 2 crushed engine coolant supplement sealant pellets (PN 3634621) into the reservoir.
- Recharge the A/C system and check for leaks.
- Start the vehicle and inspect for leaks.