Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the transmission.
- Counterhold the crankshaft with J42098 or equivalent and remove the flywheel bolts an flywheel. Discard the flywheel bolts.
Clean the rear crankshaft flange.
- Coat the new flywheel bolts with thread retaining compound, GM P/N 12345493 or equivalent.
- Install the flywheel. Torque the new bolts to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm), plus a 30 degree turn, plus a 15 degree turn.
- Install the transmission.