Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the 4 splash shield bolts.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the oil pressure sensor/switch.
Remove the oil pressure sensor/switch.
NOTEUse a catch basin to catch escaping oil.
Replacement components must be the correct part number for the application. Components requiring the use of the thread locking compound, lubricants, corrosion inhibitors, or sealants are identified in the service procedure. Some replacement components may come with these coatings already applied. Do not use these coatings on components unless specified. These coatings can affect the final torque, which may affect the operation of the component. Use the correct torque specification when installing components in order to avoid damage.
- Install the oil pressure sensor/switch. Tighten to 30ft.lbs. (40 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the oil pressure sensor/switch.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the 4 splash shield bolts and tighten the splash shield screws until fully seated, do not over tighten.
- Lower the vehicle.