Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable.
- Center punch the steel ring of the rear main seal.
Drill a small hole into the steel ring.
NOTEMake certain not to damage any engine components on the opposite side of the seal.
- Install a small self tapping screw.
- Remove the rear main oil seal.
- Clean all sealing surfaces with a non-abrasive cleaner.
Install or connect the following:
New seal lubricated with chassis grease