- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve the tank pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install a Fuel Pressure Gauge to the fuel pressure fitting. Wrap a shop towel around the fitting while installing the gauge.
- Connect a bleed hose into an approved container and open the valve to bleed the system.
- Close the valve and disconnect the gauge.
- Drain any remaining fuel from the gauge into the approved container.