Removal & Installation
2.2L (VIN 4) Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEMark the relationship of the pressure plate assembly to the flywheel. This will ensure proper balance during assembly.
Remove the clutch and pressure plate for the manual transmission.
- Remove the flywheel attaching bolts.
- Remove the retainer (automatic transmission only).
- Remove the flywheel.
- Clean the thread adhesive thoroughly from the flywheel bolts and bolt holes.
Apply GM P/N 1052624, or equivalent to all flywheel bolts. Follow instructions carefully to ensure proper bolt retention.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the flywheel and the bolts and tighten the bolts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the clutch and pressure plate for the manual transmission.
- Install transmission.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Remove the transmission.
Remove the flywheel.