Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor.
- Coat the first two or three threads with sealer. Install the switch and tighten until snug.
- Attach the electrical lead.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with oil.
This test is for testing the switch only. Verify that the engine has sufficient oil pressure before conducting this test.
- Unplug the switch electrical connection.
- Connect one lead of a ohmmeter to the switch terminal and the other lead to the switch body.
- With the engine off the resistance should be approximately 1 ohm.
- Start the engine. The resistance should increase as the engine speed increases.
- If not, replace the sensor.