Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
Mount the strut assembly into a strut compressor. Note that the strut compressor has strut mounting holes drilled for specific vehicle lines.
Compress the strut approximately
its height after initial contact with the top cap.
WARNINGNever bottom the spring or damper rod!
Remove the nut from the strut damper shaft and place an alignment/guiding rod on top of the damper shaft. Use the rod to guide the damper shaft straight down through the spring cap while compressing the spring. Remove the components.
- Mount the strut assembly in the strut compressor, using the bottom locking pin only.
- Install the spring over the damper and swing the assembly up so the upper locking pin can be installed.
- Install all shields, bumpers and insulators on the spring seat.
- Install the spring seat on top of the spring. The spring seat flat should be facing the same direction as the centerline of the strut assembly spindle.
- Install the guiding rod and turn the forcing screw while the guiding rod centers the assembly. When the threads on the damper shaft are visible, remove the guiding rod and install the nut. Tighten the nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Remove the strut from the compressor.
- Install the strut to the vehicle.