Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
WARNINGCare must be exercised to prevent the axle shaft joints from being over-extended.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Drill out the 3 ball joint-to-lower control arm rivets as follows:
- Use an 1 / 8 in. (3mm) drill bit to make a pilot hole through the rivets.
- Finish drilling rivets with a 1 / 2 in. (13mm) drill bit.
- Remove the rivets with a punch, if necessary.
- Remove the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
Install or connect the following:
Ball joint into the control arm
- Check and/or adjust the front wheel alignment.