Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the upper strut-to-body nuts and/or bolts.
- Support the front crossmember with jack stands.
- Lower the vehicle so the weight of the vehicle rests on the jack stands and NOT the control arms.
Before removing front suspension components, their positions should be marked so they may be assembled correctly.
WARNINGWhenever working near the halfshaft, use care to prevent damage from over-extension of the halfshaft joints. When either end of the shaft is disconnected, over-extension of the joint could result in separation of the internal components and possible joint failure.
- Install a drive axle joint protective cover.
Remove or disconnect the following:
WARNINGThe steering knuckle MUST be supported to prevent axle joint over-extension.
Install or connect the following:
Strut to the steering knuckle, aligning the matchmarks made during removal. Torque the bolts and nuts to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Remove the jack stands from under the crossmember.
- Install the front wheel. Torque the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).