- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel filter from the fuel line using a back-up wrench on the filter.
- Grasp the filter and nylon connection line fitting. Twist the quick-connect fitting 1 / 4 turn in each direction to loosen any dirt within the fitting. Disconnect the quick-connect fitting from the fuel filter.
- Remove the fuel filter from the bracket.
- Before installing a new filter, always apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male tube end of the filter and to the fuel sending unit assembly connection. This will help ensure proper connection and prevent possible fuel leaks. During normal operation, the O-rings located in the female connector will swell and may prevent proper connection if not lubricated.
- Install the fuel filter in the mounting bracket.
Connect the quick-connect fitting to the fuel filter using the following procedure:
- Apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male ends of the filter and the fuel sender assembly.
- Push the connectors together to cause the retaining tabs/fingers to snap into place.
- Once installed, pull on both ends of each connection to be sure they are secure.
Install or connect the following:
- Pressurize the fuel system and verify no leaks.