- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
Remove the fuel tank.
NOTEThe modular fuel sender assembly may spring up from its position. When removing the modular assembly from the fuel tank, be aware that the reservoir bucket is full of fuel. Tip the modular assembly slightly during removal to avoid damage to the float. Use a shop towel to absorb any leakage.
While holding the modular fuel sender assembly down, remove the snap ring from designated slots located on the retainer .
- Install a new O-ring on the modular fuel sender.
- Install the modular fuel sender to the fuel tank.
- Align the tab on front of the modular fuel sender with slot on front of the retainer snap ring.
Slowly apply pressure to top of the spring loaded sender until the sender aligns flush with the retainer on tank.
NOTEBe sure that the snap ring is fully seated within the tab slots.
- Insert the snap ring into the designated slots.
- Install the fuel tank.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Refill the fuel tank.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Inspect for fuel leaks through the following steps:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for two seconds
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for ten seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
- Check for fuel leaks.