Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF , unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column trim covers..
Remove the ignition lock cylinder.
- Remove the retaining screws from the ignition switch.
- Remove the ignition switch from the steering column.
Install the ignition switch to the steering column.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the retaining screws to the ignition switch and tighten the screws to 36 lb inches (4 Nm).
- Install the ignition lock cylinder.
- Install the steering column trim covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.