- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column trim covers.
Remove the retaining screws from the multifunction switch.
- Remove the multifunction switch from the steering column.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the multifunction switch.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the multifunction switch.
Install the multifunction switch to the steering column while depressing the spring loaded horn pin.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the retaining screws to the multifunction switch and tighten the screws to 36 lb inches (4 Nm).
- Install the steering column trim covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Ensure that the multifunction switch functions properly.