- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install the rack and pinion and hand tighten the bolts.
Install the crossmember bolts in the following order:
- Step 1: Left rear outboard to 71 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Step 2: Right rear outboard 2nd to 71 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Step 3: Front upper bolts to 71 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Step 4: Rear inboard bolts to 71 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Tighten the rack and pinion gear-to-crossmember bolts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Intermediate shaft. Torque the pinch bolt to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Refill and bleed the power steering system.
- Check and/or adjust the toe setting.
- Road test vehicle and verify no leaks.