Removal & Installation
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Place the shock absorber in a strut compressor tool using a shock adapter.
- Compress the spring.
- Remove the nut.
- Slowly release the tension on the spring.
- Remove the spring and shock absorber from the compressor.
- Place the shock absorber in the strut compressor.
- Slide the spring over the shock absorber.
- Install the spring seat on top of the spring.
- Compress the spring just until threads are showing through the spring seat.
- Install the retaining nut. Torque the nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Remove the shock from the compressor.
- Install the shock/spring assembly onto the vehicle.