After necessary repairs are made, re-enable the air bag system as follows:
- Be sure the ignition is locked and the key is removed.
- Attach the yellow 2-way Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) connector and CPA at the base of the steering wheel.
- Install the right side sound insulator.
- Attach the yellow 2-way SIR connector and Connector Position Assurance (CPA) at the multi-use bracket at the base of the column.
- Install the left side sound insulator.
- Install the AIR BAG fuse.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and verify the AIR BAG light flashes 7 times, then shuts off.