Removal & Installation
- Disconnect negative battery cable at battery.
- If equipped, remove Transmission Control Module (TCM).
- Remove coolant reserve/overflow tank.
- Remove cover over electrical connectors. Cover snaps onto PCM.
- Carefully unplug three 32-way connectors at PCM.
- Remove three PCM bracket-to-body mounting nuts.
- Remove PCM/PCM bracket assembly from vehicle.
- Remove 3 PCM-to-PCM bracket bolts (screws).
- Install PCM to its mounting bracket. Tighten three mounting bolts to 25 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install PCM/PCM bracket to body. Install 3 nuts and tighten 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install three 32-way connectors.
- Install cover over electrical connectors. Cover snaps onto PCM.
- Install coolant reserve/overflow tank.
- If equipped, install Transmission Control Module (TCM).
- Connect negative cable to battery.
- Use the DRB scan tool to reprogram new PCM with vehicles original Identification Number (VIN) and original vehicle mileage.